Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Zero Carb. What do you actually eat?

A little break in the story here.

What does one actually eat when one is zero carb?

The best resource for this is Charles Washington's site. Charles's site.

He also has a forum, but one needs to be committed to the zero carb way for a month or so before joining. Charles and his friends have suffered at the hands of people who think zero carb is wrong and wish to change their minds. Their forum is their safe place. You can read but you can't join.

So what did I eat?

Anything from the animal kingdom, and Earl Grey tea. That was it.
So....I ate all meat, beef, pork, lamb etc etc, all parts of the animal available. All fish (shellfish are allowed too but I don't eat them as they do not like me at all!). Butter, eggs, heavy cream. Plus a few herbs and spices for local flavour and colour. I drank water and tea.

Some zero carbers try going even stricter, with no ill effects. There are people living on beef and water, or just pemmican and doing just fine. Others seem to not do so well. Some seem better on a wide range of zero carb foods, and some don't like it at all.

I found all the benefits of low carb, but more so.
Clearer head.
Weight loss.
Greater energy.
Renewed interest in life.
Build up of muscles, despite the still present fat.
Greatly reduced cravings for carbs.
Simple cooking and meal planning.
Reduced appetite.
And I just looked somehow...better!

I did, however, begin to get a little bored with it. I suspect that the longer one stays on the diet the less that becomes a problem. Food ceases to be an entertainment, or a solace and becomes, simply, fuel.


Back to the story next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment